Patient / Caregiver ID Card Renewal Instructions
For all legal medical cannabis patients and caregivers, the state requires you renew your Patient/Caregiver ID Card with the Department of Health annually.
Your card is valid for one year from date of initial approval. This expiration date is stamped under your address and date of birth on your card.
The state recommends you begin the renewal process 45 days prior to your current card’s expiration. While you can fill out another Patient/Caregiver ID Card Application (be sure you check the RENEWAL box at the top and follow directions on the form), the easiest way to renew your card is online. Follow the directions below:
- Using your computer, laptop, or tablet navigate to the Medical Marijuana Use Registry by entering https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov into your internet browser.
- Click Log In from the top menu. The email address we have on file for you will be your username. If you don’t know your password, click Forgot Password? under the LOG IN button and enter your email address. The system will send you a temporary password that, in combination with your email address, you can use to log in.
- Once logged in, click Your Card from the top menu.
- Under your demographic information, click the Renew My Application button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to renew your card.
And the renewal process is just another way to exploit the sick, disabled and elderly. The instructions state you MUST apply at least 45 days before your card expires. Did just that. They charged the renewal fee plus the processing fee for using a credit card but didn’t even consider my application until 2 weeks later. My card was renewed, but from when they processed the application not for 1 year from the expiration date of my present card. I lost 6 weeks on my present card, Any place else when you renew something it’s from the anniversary date not from when they got your payment. The $75 renewal fee for the card is ridiculous. The state claims they only keep $10 and the rest goes to the company that makes the cards. However, this is the same company that prints the driver’s licenses, I don’t know of anybody who pays $75 a year for a driver’s licenses. Anyone else who would try something like this to rip off the disabled or elderly would be brought up on abuse charges in the state of FL..
Wow! Another state government gimmick, just tax, legalize it & be done with it!!!!